Monday, August 12, 2013

A to Z survey!





 
 So Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner came out with this little survey and I felt compelled to complete it. I used to fill out every single survey back in the MySpace days so this was a throwback to my youth.



Author you’ve read the most books from:
J.K Rowling, Ellen Hopkins. Although back in the day I read a ton of R.L Stine.
Best Sequel Ever:
I think I have to go with Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. After the Hunger Games it was a great follow-up.
Currently Reading:
The Edge of Never by JA Redmerksi Not a bad read so far.
Drink of Choice While Reading:
Champagne, wine, coffee, tea. I don’t discriminate! Usually wine though.
E-reader or Physical Book?

I do love the ease of the e-reader, but something about holding a book in your hand and stacking the shelves with a real book just makes it the winner of the two. Plus, you don’t have to deal with sun issues while reading an actual book outside.
Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
Charlie from The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Introverts unite!
Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill. What a great read. I always hesitated when I was passed by this book at a bookstore/online based on the title alone and finally someone picked it for a bookclub read and it was fantastic!

Hidden Gem Book:
Lullabies for Little Criminals by Heather O’Neill.  I really should doa review on this book.  Canadian author to boot!

Important Moment in your Reading Life:
Hmmm,  I guess when I finally decided to get reading glasses. Its amazing how much clearer it is!  Lol. For serious though, I think when I started to review books on this blog. 
Just Finished:
Belinda’s Ring by Corrina Chong. Great read. 

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
I will give anything a chance. Even just to be like WHAT THE FUUUUCK did I just read? I think by only reading certain types of genre you do yourself a disservice. While I may not agree with the viewpoint of the author, I still think it makes my opinion stronger.  Yes, there are some genres that I just don’t like, aliens and westerns for example, so I won’t go out of my way to read them, but if someone recommends/gives them to me I will read them. I mean, maybe it’s the book that will change my life?
Longest Book You’ve Read:
Oh man, I have no idea. I’ve read 1000 page books before.  I don’t really pay attention to the length.

Major book hangover because of:
The Poisonwood Bible. I just loved this book and had to have a breather and read ‘chick-lit’ no brainer books for a while.

Number of Bookcases You Own:
2. But multiple corners of book piles.
One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
All of the Harry Potter books. As mentioned in another post, I have a thing where I have to re-read the entire series before the next installement/movie comes out.
Preferred Place To Read:

Usually in my bed, cuddled up with the dogs and a bevvie. I also love reading outside, working on my tan!
Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

“The world isn't just the way it is. It is how we understand it, no? And in understanding something, we bring something to it, no?
Doesn't that make life a story?”
Yann Martel, Life of Pi

Reading Regret:

Not being able to read all the time. Also, not getting paid for reading is also a regret. Lol!! Just kidding. (kinda)

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):
The Outlander series. Maybe by the end of the year I will attempt these bad boys again.
Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
Harry Potter series ( I count it as one book), The Book of Negroes, The Poisonwood Bible, Crank, I can’t pick. It’s like picking my favorite dog.
Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Does Harry Potter or Hunger Games count?
Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
I actually don’t really anticipate books coming out.  Mainly because I randmonly buy/acquire books that I don't pay attention to upcoming releases.
Worst Bookish Habit:
Where do I start? That I feel the need to finish every single book I start even if its shit. And that I keep adding to my never ending to read list. 
X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
World War Z by Max Brooks.
Your latest book purchase:

419 by Will Ferguson and Rules of Civility by Amor Towles. I haven’t bought a boook in quite a while. I am TRYING so hard to not acquire any new books until I make a dent in my to read list. Its not going well.  

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
Thirteen Reasons Why by JayAsher. Just had to read it all in one setting.
 

2 comments:

  1. I also have to reread books before the movie comes out! You're not alone! In fact, I was in California around the time of the premier for The Deathly Hallows Part II. And I had been planning all year to go see the last movie with my friend in Hollywood as a last hurrah. But I didn’t because I hadn’t finished reading the last book. How pathetic is that?

    And while I wasn't a fan of Life of Pi, I am a fan of that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo I may have to join in on this! Hopefully later this week or next week. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete