Saturday, September 14, 2013

not your typical REVIEW: Beauty Mask

Again, this is me going off of the bookish route. Enjoy, if not ignore and come back tomorrow :)
 
So I realize I pin a lot of things with the high hopes of trying them but never actually doing anything with them. Then I figured, as I'm sitting here watching The Watch (Side Note: which is a horrible movie by the way. I can't get the time back. I also can't not finish it) I should do one of these face masks. I also been reading a lot of the pintester.com and thus I was inspired. And I apologize in advance for the wonderful pictures!


Facial
The Claim: The Miracle Mask This DIY mask, made of nutmeg, honey, and cinnamon, is calming and soothing for stressed-out skin – in addition, it smells absolutely amazing! The secret? Nutmeg and honey act as natural anti-inflammatories, which can reduce swelling and redness in skin. They’re also great for soothing acne scars and preventing infection. In addition, the nutmeg and cinnamon also work to exfoliate your skin when you wash this mask off. (From collegefashion.net)
The process:

Gather the 3 ingredients, nutmeg, cinnamon and honey. About a tsp of the spices, and a tbsp of the liquid goo.

Mix them together. Mmm looks like I'm about to put shit on my face.
This is the, I think I made a bad choice face.... (on another side note, I miss this wall paper!)



Probably a good thing that my husband wasn't around for this lovely spectacle.



It says to keep it on for 30 minutes. I lasted about 20 minutes because it got soooo itchy. I also forgot I had it on for a few minutes and scratched, bad idea.

The one claim was right though. It smelt amazing!!!!

It was extremely drippy and I definitely did not realize that until I went to the bathroom to was my face.


The Results:

After exfoliating and washing here I am...all fresh faced and all pretty.

My skin does feel a lot cleaner. But it also feels VERY dry.

PS_-sorry for the really bad pictures of myself

No comments:

Post a Comment