Thursday, November 7, 2013

CrockPot Southwestern Chicken- RECIPE


Right now I'm in a phase where I refuse to go grocery shopping (minus for the fresh fruits,eggs, veggies, etc) until we clear out the pantry and the freezer. So, when I saw that we had some chicken breast, some beans, some tomatoes I hurried my little fingers over to pinterest and started scrolling through recipes. And then I saw one from The Gracious Pantry that seemed so easy, I mean its a crock pot one! WHERE YOU DON'T HAVE TO PRECOOK ANYTHING!

Clean Eating Slow Cooker Southwestern 2 Bean Chicken
recipe and picture coutesy of The Gracious Pantry
 

 the goods
  • 4 3 raw, boneless, skinless chicken breasts - Mine were frozen.
  • 1 can pinto beans I used a can of lentils.
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 can of corn
  • 1 big can of diced tomatoes
  • 1 medium jar of your favorite salsa.


  • the how:
    I love this. It screams easiness laziness. Place the chicken in first, then dump everything else in. and wait 5-7 hours while your crock pot does its amazing cooking.

    I served this with some brown grain rice and shredded some cheese on top,because well I like cheese!

    Overall a great meal, it serves like 10 people so there are a lot of left overs (which saves me from grocery shopping). And I will definetly cook it again!

    I love crock pots, and everytime I pull ours out I think "I should use this more often". 

    2 comments:

    1. anything that looks this good and has laziness in the description I'M ALL FOR!

      -Elise @ 9toFit.com

      ReplyDelete