Saturday, November 9, 2013

RECIPE: Cinnamon Swirl Bread

I love cinnamon. Love, love, love it. I also triple love baked goods. So this was a win win when I found it on pinterest!




The Ingredients:
1/3 cup sugar (I only used 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted (I didn't use- somebody *G* doesn't like them)
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/3 cup cooking oil (I used olive oil, as i didn't have any other type- I also only used 1/4 cup too)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease/flour/spray the bottom and sides of a 9″x5″x3″ loaf pan.Combine 1/3 cup of sugar, pecans (if using), and cinnamon. Set aside.
Combine 1 cup of sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl or mixer bowl. In a separate bowl, beat egg. Stir in milk and oil , and add the egg mixture. Stir just until mixed. Do not overmix.
Pour half of the batter into loaf pan. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon mixture. Repeat. With a wide rubber scraper or spatula, swirl mixtures together with a down and up circular motion (I tried ot make a shape, but swirlies is all it turned out to be)
Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until done. (on the original blog it said it should be a little gooey in the middle, I don't like things that gooey so I kept mine in closer to the 50 minute side, plus our overn is a piece of shit)
Cool in pan for about 10 minutes. ( we cooled it for about 30 seconds, G is very impatient!)

Then, cool completely on a wire rack. (who does this?!)

Glaze - I didn't make this, figured didn't need the extra calories.
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)


All in all, very tasty,. A great breakfast. MMM

No comments:

Post a Comment