Sunday, March 23, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: Slow Surrender and Slow Seduction by Cecilia Tan

 
So, I probably should have wrote a review as soon as I finished these books...but I didn't and because of that I can't really remember much of them. That's saying something isn't it... but I did give some good stars on goodreads as soon as I finished them, so thats saying something else too... Anyways, here it goes...


Slow Surrender (Struck by Lightning, #1)
He pushes her sexual boundaries . . .

From the moment waitress Karina meets him in a New York bar, she knows James is different. Daring. Dominating. Though he hides his true identity from her, the mysterious, wealthy businessman anticipates her every desire and fulfills her secret fantasies. Awakened by his touch, Karina discovers a wild side she hadn't known existed and nothing is off limits.

She aches for more . . .

What begins as an erotic game soon escalates to a power play that blurs the line between pleasure and pain. Even as she capitulates to James's sensual demands, Karina craves more. She wants his heart, his soul. She wants his love . . . and she'll break all the rules to get it.




*4 stars*


Karina is a people pleaser, but very indecisive. She decided to go to grad school for art history, mainly to delay the real world. However, she is smart and is able to make a decision. James, is well dark and mysterious (was there any doubt in an erotic lead). He offers up nothing about himself. Not even his real name. Like come on buddy, are you that famous that you want an alias. Oh wait, the answer to this is Yes, yes he is famous.

First I have to say, if some random guy at a bar tells me to put marbles in my mouth and then in your panties, I wouldn't, I also don't think any sane person would. I mean, are they clean? whats the point? how do I swallow, how do I talk? man. I would suck at this game. Dare or not.  This is how they meet. So you know that the relationship is mainly going to be about James testing Karina's ability and vulnerability in order to please him (and her I guess in a sense)

Things I did like was the relationship between Karina and her best friend/roomate. They actually talked to each other about her relationship. In so many books of these kind, the heroin always hides the guy, umm... that's not a healthy relationship. I mean, I'm not going to start blabbing about all the kinky details of my sex life to my friends (unless we play never-ever-have-I-ever) but I will at least tell the girls about him.

I enjoyed the build-up. The sex scenes were sexy,, oh no wait foreplay scenes because Karina has to earn the rights to use James cock. I mean, is it deformed? is he ashamed? There are also a lot of glass dildos,  lots of public orgy type displays as well - I mean, secret sex society's are all the rage these days.

That's all  I can really remember of this book. I am also getting them mixed up.

And, onto the second installment. obviously if you have yet to read the first one don't read this review as spoilers will be had.  Or do...


Slow Seduction (Struck by Lightning, #2)Unforgettable passion . . .

Two months have passed since Karina's painful departure from James, the mysterious lover who awakened her darkest desires, and she'll do anything-anything-to locate him and win him back. Her search takes her to London, where she finds herself immersed in the world of fine art and forbidden pleasures. And soon, Karina meets another enigmatic man who promises to help her find James . . . for a price.

Unexpected pleasure . . .

Damon George is rich, gorgeous, and a member of a secret society that caters to the sensual thrills of the wealthy and powerful. Though Karina insists her heart will always belong to James, Damon is determined to have her, body and soul. By the time she finds James, Karina has been "trained" to please another. Will James reject her again . . . or find her more irresistible than ever?




*3 stars*  Apparently this one loosed my interest.


So he's rock star, posing as an artist, posing as what??? I just don't get it.

So Karina is destroyed by the fact that James just left her. After an intense love making session, and her demand to tell her his name, he flees. Shes heartbroken, and probably more realistically feels used up. I mean, who wouldn't after having to have a glass dildo up your hoo-haaa for over 10 hours!

So she goes on the look out for him. She takes up an internship in London with this art gallery (whom has connections to the infamous James). Here she meets Damon. A guy who likes to hire 'sex slaves' well they aren't technically slaves, I mean they actually willingly follow him around and have sex with him at his disposal. Anyways, Damon is part of this secret sex society. The same one that James is.

Karina, jumps on this opportunity to begin her training and start this sex slave secret society business, all with the hopes that James comes to one of theses parties.  He does. Big surprise there... that's not a spoiler, everyone could see it coming.

And well then... there's love and making up, and then big surprise here, another cliffhanger....

I know at the beginning when I first read theese, I was like, yup will read the third one. But now after a month or so, I have a feeling that I really won't go looking for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment