Monday, February 29, 2016

RECIPIE: Green Thai Curry Chicken Vemicilli Soup with Bok Choy and Mushrooms

Actually I don't know what to call it- so I called it everything. But it was good and different. And has the added benefits of being very anti-inflammatory.

The inspiration came from pinterest (surprise surprise) while I was looking for things to make with bok choy (as it was super cheap at the grocery store). I came across Thai Coconut Soup with Bok Choy and Mushrooms.

Looks very pinworthy to me.

And well, I had everything that the recipe called for, but as I like to change things up I did. And as you will be able to tell I didn't really measure anything. Which is the best kind of recipe in my opinion. Add more or less of what you want.

This is what mine looked like -a little less soupy. A little less professional photos (Side note: must start taking better photos)


The Goods:
- 1tbs of Coconut Oil
- 2 Sliced Chicken Breasts
- 1 pack of Mushrooms
- A hand full of bok choy (how much depends on how much you like bok choy)
- about 1/2tsp of Turmeric
- about 1 tbs of Ginger
- about 2 tbs of Green Thai Curry (depends on how spicy you want it)
- 1 can of Coconut Milk
- About 2 cups of chicken broth (or vegetable..whatever you have on hand)
1 pack of vermicelli noodles

The How To:
1. Fry chicken in coconut oil, add ginger. It now already smells divine.
2. Add mushrooms in (as I like mine cooked)
3. Add the turmeric and green thai curry
4. Add the coconut milk and chicken broth
5. Keep stirring.
6. Add bok choy.
7. Let simmer.
8. Add vermicelli if you so desire.
9. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment