Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Book Review: The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena

The Couple Next DoorFast-paced and addictive, THE COUPLE NEXT DOOR announces a major new talent in thriller writing.

You never know what's happening on the other side of the wall.

Your neighbour told you that she didn't want your six-month-old daughter at the dinner party. Nothing personal, she just couldn't stand her crying.

Your husband said it would be fine. After all, you only live next door. You'll have the baby monitor and you'll take it in turns to go back every half hour.

Your daughter was sleeping when you checked on her last. But now, as you race up the stairs in your deathly quiet house, your worst fears are realized. She's gone.

You've never had to call the police before. But now they're in your home, and who knows what they'll find there.

What would you be capable of, when pushed past your limit? - goodreads





My first book review of 2017, I know I kind of slacked on them last year. Who knew a baby would take up so much time?  HAHA

Anyways, this book was a really good book to start the year off with. 4 stars for sure.

It is about a couple who went to a dinner party next door, and left their 6 month old baby at home; mainly because their neighbors don't like kids-  checking in on her every half an hour to make sure she was alright.  First as a mom, I'm not sure I could do this - I mean sure we hang out in the yard or in the cul-de-sac with the neighbours, while H was sleeping, with our monitor on and made a mad dash if we hear any whimpering. But we were also in eyesight of the door at all times, and we weren't getting shit faced (well not both of us at the same time)- so I can sympathize a bit, but seriously get better friends who like kids... But back to the storyline. The couple, at the end of the night comes home to find the door unlocked and their baby girl missing.

Enter Panic.

They call the cops and of course are both put on the suspect list.

The twists and turns, while some are pretty predictable, also keeps you guessing.

It is also a fast paced book. I wanted to keep reading it until I was done, so that makes it a winner in my book as it captivated me from the beginning.


If you like The Girl on The Train type books, then I think you will also enjoy this one as well and you should add it to your To Read pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment